Windows Servers Administrator – German speaking!
Our client is a multinational Engineering Group with its European HQ in the Zug – Zurich area. We are searching for a Windows Server Administrator to join the global IT support team. The group are expanding fast so we are searching for someone who can deal with the challenges of a fast-moving dynamic environment!
- As a Windows Server Administrator, you will be playing a key part in the Global IT team
- Responsible for windows server administration and other storage systems, supporting end-users, troubleshooting and maintaining computer servers and networks
- Provide training to business units and end-users covering applications, hardware, networking, phone/video conferencing etc
- Work closely with the management team across the European entities to understand business IT demands/needs and proactively plan changes and upgrades
- Review, select and manage 3rd party vendors across Europe
- Evaluate hardware and software products and solutions producing recommendations
- Responsible for leading IT projects including upgrades, maintenance, implementations, user acceptance testing etc
- Work closely with many internal departments including Procurement, Finance / Audit, Legal / Contracts, Human Resources, Compliance…
- Key person in many internal cross-function projects
- Continuously monitor systems and networks and servers across European entities to foresee potential problems, outages etc and proactively manage identified issues
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an IT-related subject
- Microsoft certifications are an advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in IT/desktop/systems support, troubleshooting and maintaining computer servers and networks
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP issues
- Proven success in leading IT projects including upgrades, implementations, servers maintenance, and new hardware/applications
- Ability to provide critical business units/end users with support both remote and directly
- Internationally minded and able to work in a dynamic multinational environment
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Swiss / EU nationals
- Fluent German and English required
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT Administrator to join a Global Engineering group and take responsibility for European offices. The group are expanding fast so a great chance to develop your career rapidly!