Senior Valuations / Operations Analyst – Private Debt Portfolio
We have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Valuations / Operations Analyst–Private Debt Portfolio to join our client’s Alternative Investment Fund Management subsidiary in Luxembourg
As an Senior Valuations / Operations Analyst–Private Debt, you will be responsible for the investment administration and day-to-day management of Private Debt investment portfolios to which our client acts as AIFM, Investment Manager/Advisor, or Platform Operator with a strong focus on the firm’s valuation framework and the validation of asset pricing.
The successful candidate will form part of a small and dynamically growing team in Luxembourg and Frankfurt, reporting to the Head of Operations and be supervised by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Oversee the compliance of the management company’s valuation framework in particular: Classification of alternative investment fund portfolios pursuant to the IFRS 13 fair value hierarchy;
- Secure and validate asset pricing and valuation input for liquid and illiquid equity and debt investments from external and internal sources, including market databases, brokers, model results from the firm’s Risk Management Team;
- Calculate regulatory leverage ratios pursuant to the gross and commitment method under AIFMD;
- Assist with the implementation of distribution waterfalls and validate their components (capital return, preferred return, catch-up and carried interest) on an ongoing basis;
- Reconciliation of fund accounts and validation of NAV reports as computed by external administrators;
- Organisation of the management company’s valuation committee;
- Ensure the implementation of portfolio management decisions and ongoing maintenance processes relating to alternative investment portfolios in the Private Debt space;
- Monitor the liquidity structure of alternative investment funds under management, and assist in their cash flow planning and reconciliation as well as fee and invoice management;
- Prepareand manage the operational input for information and reporting tasks towards: Investors,Directors, Regulators, Brokers,Database sand other stakeholders in respect of alternative investment portfolios;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar valuation position, preferably with an asset manager or valuation agent;
- Working knowledge of the alternative investment universe, in particular with respect to Private Debt strategies;
- Demonstrable knowledge of fund accounting, the IFRS 13 fair value hierarchy as well as Private Debt portfolio instruments and their valuation principles;
- Self-starter with an independent work attitude as well as exceptional organisation and coordination skills;
- Commercial judgment with attention to detail, ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities, with a strong focus on results and outcomes;
- Keen perception,excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- English language proficiency to the level of business negotiations;
Our client offers a first class development and training program. A fair working culture with flat hierarchies, attractive remuneration and flexible working hours. They encourage team spirit with regular events, and supporting you in staying healthy and fit!