Risk Conducting Officer – Alternative Investment Manager
Our client is an established, innovative and fast growing alternative investment manager.
We are recruiting for a business minded experienced Risk Conducting Officer to be responsible for both Investment Risk and Non-Financial Risk for the business.
- Develop and maintain a high standard of investment risk analysis and reporting across various asset classes at investment, fund and client portfolio levels;
- Maintain and enhance data modelling and reporting systems and workflows for investment risk processes;
- Maintain and enhance investment risk data, models, systems and reporting processes for the firm’s investments and funds.
- Incident Management and Incident Reporting;
- Analysis of top risks, production of key risk indicators, incident reporting and risk profiling;
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organisation, that will help to quantify the risk elements financial impact on the company;
- Perform a risk assessment: analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company;
- Maintain a risk register;
- Build mechanisms in order to mitigate the current risks analysed;
- Perform a risk evaluation: evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements;
- Establish the level of risk the company are willing to take;
- Risk report tailored to the relevant audience;
- Create business continuity plans to limit risks;
- Implement health and safety measures, and purchasing Professional Indemnity Directors and Officers Liability Insurance;
- Conduct policy audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Build risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company.
- Strong Fund Management and Luxembourg regulatory experience;
- Excellent AIFMD knowledge;
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience within Investment Risk in asset management industry;
- A sound understanding of return and risk characteristics of various asset classes;
- Highly developed numerical, analytical and reporting writing skills;
- Hands on experience with Operational Risk Reporting;
- Previous experience with AIFs (Real Estate/Private Equity/Funds of Funds).
- Perfect command of English both written and spoken; French, German or Italian are considered
- an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Luxembourg Fund structures (i.e. SIF, RAIF)
- Team player, proactive and with excellent communication and managerial skills;
- Entrepreneurial and a “can-do” attitude;
- Collaborates: builds relationships
- Delivers with excellence: planning and organising
- Strategic mindset: thinks strategically