Real Estate Fund Structuring Associate
Position: Real Estate Fund Structuring Associate
Our client is a leading European Real Estate Investment Manager with an established and growing office in Luxembourg.
- Based in Luxembourg, member of the Structuring team involved in every aspect of the structuring of all the real estate investment products.
Key outcomes / responsibilities:
- Support business development with the initial analysis of the legal, financial, tax and regulatory framework for new investment products (i.e. funds, joint ventures, co-investment);
- Prepare pitches, detailed term sheets, structure charts;
- Lead and coordinate the work of internal departments (marketing, asset management, legal and compliance, finance) and external parties (legal advisors, service providers and investors);
- Review of a variety of documents linked to the structuring and launch of new investment products (i.e. offering documents, joint venture/co-investment agreements, agreements with service providers, tax memorandum, side letters)
- Develop strong working relationships within the team and with Legal & Compliance, Finance, and all other external service providers.
Role specific knowledge:
Candidates for the role will have:
- Practical knowledge of real estate legal structures and documentation;
- Some general knowledge of the regulatory, legal and tax aspects of Real Estate investment products and investments;
- Some knowledge of applicable Luxembourg regulations, ideally for both SIF and RAIF.
Role specific skills:
Candidates will have:
- An energetic, flexible, collaborative, and productive approach;
- A “hands on” mentality and the ability to be a strong team player who works well with others but can also work independently;
- Project management skills;
- Risk awareness;
- Negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills;
- The ability to learn quickly;
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal skills, and
- Competence in Microsoft products, particularly Word, Power Point and Excel.
- University Degree in Business or Law studies;
- Minimum one year – maximum four years of experience in similar role with a real estate investment manager or Big 4
- Working knowledge of real estate investments and products.