Manager Corporate Secretary – Global Fund Manager
Corporate Secretary (Manager) – Global Investment Firm
Our client is a Global Alternative Investment Manager HQ’d out of the US with 10+ global offices; In line with recent group strategy they are looking to significantly grow their Luxembourg operation and are looking for someone to head up their Corporate Secretarial activities! The company is a polished and high performing environment with demand for top quality professionals with excellent communication skills.
The role involves managing all corporate secretarial aspects of Luxembourg Funds, at first stage overseeing third‑party service providers and then transitioning all corporate secretarial functions in‑house. The candidate will have responsibility for liaising with manager, outside counsel, counterparties, investors, etc. The candidate will work on multiple projects with varying degree, duration and teams simultaneously.
- Undertake company secretarial tasks such as preparation of board meetings, prepare agendas, board minutes, and resolutions, and take notes at board meetings and investor meetings ensuring smooth and timely running.
- Produce minutes and resolutions for board approval, action points and follow up for the internal team and external service providers (i.e. accountants, regulators, lawyers, notaries, banks, local authorities, operational teams, etc.).
- Review transactions and operations and ensure proper documentation according to internal procedures and local regulations.
- Maintain the share registers and legal documents, and perform record-keeping tasks of all the Firm’s Luxembourg companies, including legal publication and filing (e.g. RCSL, CSSF, BCL, CCSS, ACD, AED, STM, ADEM, etc.).
- Undertake general administration tasks for the Luxembourg operations including engagement letters, service agreements received by company and coordinate review and approval by internal legal department.
- Liaise with banks for opening of bank accounts and support AML/KYC procedures for internal teams and local and foreign service providers
- Perform as back-up for the team in cash management and treasury function, payments processing (expenses, transactions, etc.) and invoicing.
- Maintain detailed records of communications and meetings.
- Legal research for tax/contracts/employment/regulatory/corporate issues.
- Complete forms for regulatory, tax, insurance, etc. purposes.
- Manage internal operations and communications, serve as point of contact for employees and vendors.
- Manage company communications, meetings, calendar, office supplies, records, office, bills, and expenses.
- Perform market and competitor research.
- Minimum of 4/5 years of proven track record on Soparfi or fund administration, with a Big 4, domiciliation agent, or accounting firm.
- Excellent working knowledge of corporate secretary function and Luxembourg corporate law. Strong practical understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory laws in the Luxembourg market.
- Strong office, administrative and people skills.
- Excellent ability to manage projects autonomously, problem-solve and implement planning models using all available resources.
- Dynamic and proactive with strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Well-organized and disciplined with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluent in English. Other languages considered an advantage
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive annual salary.
- Discretionary year-end bonus.