Head of Legal and Compliance – Luxembourg
Our client is looking to build an advisory compliance function in Luxembourg. They are a highly dynamic and international company who boast a stable environment. With a varied client base, a broad knowledge of laws, regulations, on-boarding and transactions will be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the onsite person responsible for legal and regulatory compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements (EU AIFMD, EU Market Abuse Regulations, MIDFID II, EU Structured Finance Directive etc)
- Be the sparring partner for our local management and our Account Managers regarding compliance processes
- Providing advice and guidance to the finance and legal account managers on the full range of compliance topics, including AML, sanctions, privacy, conflicts of interest, outsourcing, licensing etc in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Onboard new clients, and manage the risk around transactions.
- Assisting Account Managers with compliance issues during the client’s life cycle (e.g. client acceptance due diligence, transaction monitoring, periodic reviews and exit).
- Ensure that local Compliance policies, procedures and standards are properly implemented.
- Taking part in specific local project groups and supporting the global Compliance Department on strategic projects.
- Providing input for the periodic compliance risk reports to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the Compliance Department with the design and roll-out of internal compliance training and the preparation of training materials.
- Participating in Client Acceptance, Internal Compliance Meetings, and Business Compliance Meetings
- Acting as a mentor for other junior compliance officers in the further development of the compliance team;
The ideal candidate:
- Degree in a relevant study (e.g. Law, Economics, Criminology)
- Fluent in English (any additional languages are beneficial)
- Minimum of 5 years of proven regulatory/legal compliance experience
- Familiar with EU AIFMD, EU Market Abuse Regulations, EU Structured Finance Directive
- Strong organizational and effective communication skills
- A professional and hands-on work mentality
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do not hesitate to send us your resume (In English).
– CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED –