Head of Information Technology / Head of IT
The Position – Country Head of Information Technology / Head of IT
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: Excellent senior management Package based on experience
The successful applicant for this position will have an exciting opportunity to join a global Financial Services leader providing Banking, Asset Management, Administration and Corporate Services based in Luxembourg.
Financial Services today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates daring advantage. Our client is committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables their clients to reach their goals. They handle big challenges and create new products using the latest technology to drive value for the business. They strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients.
This senior role is a chance for you to actively participate in executive management and steering committees and lead the local IT department. The incumbent will ensure operational excellence, transform the operation into a more nimble, effective delivery organization, sharpen their focus and unlock the team’s full potential crafting a high performance culture, all while ensuring production stability and full compliance.
- Senior IT Leadership position in Luxembourg for all IT matters and having a strong focus and understanding of banking operations.
- Owning and driving all workforce related tasks, from strategy definition and execution to working closely together with relevant stakeholders on staffing, talent development, compensation, vendor & contract management, objectives setting performance evaluation and management, effectively providing strategic direction, vision and coaching whilst ensuring compliance with all pertinent procedures and regulations and ensuring diversity and inclusion.
- Assuring production stability and crisis management, including amongst others, incident handling, communication to partners, disaster recovery and business continuity, service level agreements, access controls.
- Representing Luxembourg IT vis-à-vis regulators and external auditors, accountable for all IT risks, regulatory controls and external audit points and ensuring compliance with internal policies and standards, as well as within legal and regulatory requirements.
- Overall financial management accountability for the IT Luxembourg operation, including but not limited to, budget planning, cost allocation proposals, headcount management and implementing sufficient controls to ensure strict cost target adherence. This includes looking for ways to control costs while minimizing overall reputation and monetary risks.
- You are an experienced senior IT manager with a deep understanding of banking and securities industry operations and directives (ideally including knowledge of Luxembourg workforce and financial institution regulations).
- Solid experience in ensuring platform compliance, maintainability, and production stability.
- Advanced knowledge of “best practices” and recommendations in offering IT services: ITIL, TOGAF and COBIT frameworks.
- Demonstrated relevant supervisory control and risk awareness.
- Ability to work with executives and key partners across both dynamic domestic and International corporate environment. Thereby you are a client centric leader with positive relationship management, influence and persuasion skills.
- Validated ability to improve the business through positive and productive change.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and time management skills with the ability to handle crises and handle stressful situations.
- Experience in handling vendors and setting up complex contracts. Experience in setting up and running internal service level agreements.
- You have a passion for leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills with proven ability to build high performance team and lead them to success.