Fund Accounting Valuations / Operations Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fund Accounting Valuations / Operations Analyst – Absolute Return Portfolio to join our client’s Alternative Investment Fund Management subsidiary in Luxembourg
As a Fund Accounting Valuations / Operations Analyst – Absolute Return, you will be responsible for the investment administration and day-to-day management of Absolute Return investment portfolios to which our client acts as AIFM, Investment Manager/Advisor, or Platform Operator with a strong focus on the firm’s valuation framework and the validation of asset pricing.
The successful candidate will form part of a small and dynamically growing team in Luxembourg and Frankfurt, reporting to the Head of Operations and be supervised by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Ensure the implementation of portfolio management decisions and ongoing maintenance processes relating to Fund of Hedge Funds in the absolute return space;
- Monitor the liquidity structure of alternative investment funds under management, and assist in their cash flow planning and reconciliation as well as fee and invoice management;
- Oversee the compliance of the management company’s valuation framework in particular:
- Validation of asset pricing and input data from underlying target fund managers;
- Reconciliation of fund accounts and validation of NAV reports as computed by external administrators;
- Prepare and manage the operational input for information and reporting tasks towards:
- Investors, Directors, Regulators, Brokers, Databases and other stakeholders in respect of alternative investment portfolios;
- Transaction management and operational input delivery to Structuring Team;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in similar positions in the financial services industry, preferably with an asset manager or fund administrator;
- Working knowledge of the Hedge Fund or Fund of Hedge Fund investment universe, preferably with respect to absolute return strategies;
- Demonstrable knowledge of fund life cycles and administrative servicing during funds’ launch and maintenance phase;
- Self-starter with an independent work attitude as well as exceptional organisation and coordination skills, project management skills would be advantageous;
- Self-starter with an independent work attitude as well as exceptional organisation and coordination skills;
- Commercial judgment with attention to detail, ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities, with a strong focus on results and outcomes;
- Keen perception, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- English language proficiency to the level of business negotiations;
Our client offers a first class development and training program. A fair working culture with flat hierarchies, attractive remuneration and flexible working hours. They encourage team spirit with regular events, and supporting you in staying healthy and fit!