European Head of Compliance – Fund Services
European Head of Compliance
We are looking for an experienced Regional Compliance Manager to ensure our company adheres to legal standards and in-house policies.
You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects
and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters to each jurisdiction you are responsible for.
You will be responsible for a team of Compliance officers located in UK, Ireland, Channel Islands, Luxembourg, Malta, other new European entities.
The goal is to preserve the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course.
- Manage a team of Compliance Officers located in several jurisdiction within your European Region
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Ensure compliance with the local applicable laws and AML/CTF regulations as well as proper transposition into policies and procedures for business to apply
- Collaborate with the Global Compliance team and the local Compliance Officers to institute sound account/transaction surveillance standards as a mechanism for enabling local staff to recognize, detect, and report money laundering, terrorist financing, and/or suspicious activity occurring through company accounts/systems or on company premises
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Ensure the three lines of defense is in place and robust within your local offices
- Provide guidance to your Local Compliance for establishing effective, risk-focused, business-specific KYC procedures.
- This guidance will ensure that businesses’ procedures comply with all applicable laws and regulations and Group policies, and enable the business to enact best industry practices as well as the practical, competitive realities of the particular business for which the procedure is developed
- Work with the Local Compliance Officers to review procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues as part of the group compliance oversight program.
- Review the draft, modify and ensure implementation of company policies
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risk
- Review the work of your direct reports when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Assess monthly reports prepared by local Compliance Officer to ensure risk factors are managed and higher risk investors are controlled
- Act as the main point of contact for the local Regulators
- Oversight the local ongoing compliance monitoring of existing clients and investors and be available for call and/or business trip for Tier 1 clients
- Reporting directly to Regional MD and Global Head of Compliance
- Liaise and work with other key functions in the business, ensuring execution of daily and monthly tasks by the local Compliance Officers and transposition of regulatory requirements by the Local business
- Act as the first point of escalation for the local Compliance Officers and the local MDs where necessary
- Work with the Global Head of Compliance and the other Compliance Officers worldwide to successfully complete the Global Compliance Monitoring Program
- Be available for business trips within your region to ensure onsite visit and oversight
- Proven experience as head of compliance at wider level – At least 3 years experience in a similar role incorporating the above functions
- A strong and comprehensive knowledge of the relevant law, rules and guidance of the regulatory bodies, key to providing sound guidance and support for the business
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practice, good network/links with external bodies and individuals on the same field
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field
- Certified compliance professional
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices, problem-solving and troubleshooting, written communications skills as well as possess high ethical standards and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business.