ESG Officer – Investment Management
Our client is a leading European Real Estate investor with over €6 billion in assets and a growing office of 25+ staff in Luxembourg.
Following their continued growth, they are now looking to employ a self-starting and entrepreneurial ESG Officer to set up the ESG department in Luxembourg!
- Take the lead in the design, development, and evolution of the ESG strategies and guidance documents for the investment funds.
- Responsible for managing the implementation and reporting of the ESG strategy for real estate investment portfolios.
- Responsible for the development, benchmarking, implementation, and review of appropriate sustainability objectives, targets, and improvement programs for each portfolio.
- Monitor and report on each portfolio’s sustainability performance and progress against sustainability objectives and key performance indicators.
- Lead regular catch-up calls/meetings with the ESG team. Routinely prepare and present at portfolio team meetings to increase sustainability awareness and engagement.
- Provide support and technical advice to all Fund Managers, Asset Managers, Property Managers, and other stakeholders to enable them to undertake their roles and responsibilities for sustainability.
- Innovate and lead initiatives to engage and educate tenants to increase data coverage and sustainability performance for each fund.
- Respond to requests for information regarding any portfolio’s ESG performance from rating and reporting agencies, current or prospective investors, and other stakeholders.
- Work with the wider team to monitor changes in legislation and best practices to ensure continuing legal compliance and best practice in the EU.
- Provide ESG advice, across the whole property life cycle, as needed.
- Present the group in respect of ESG on internal and external events
- Understanding of key ESG issues affecting investors.
- Experience preparing corporate ESG/sustainability reports.
- Good knowledge of, and experience with ESG/sustainability reporting standards, frameworks, and ratings and rankings such as Principals for Responsible Investment (PRI), Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong attention to detail.
- Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships across departments, company, and geographies.
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other master’s degree preferable.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of sustainability experience, investment advisory and/or client management experience would be ideal.
- The position is also open for lateral entrants of technical professionals and for young professionals with a strong ESG study background (self-starter).
- A strong asset would be a minimum of 2 years ESG reporting experience or professional ESG training such as the CFA certificate in ESG investing or IPF, CISL or other equivalents.
- Excellent command of English combined with intermediate German (spoken).
- High level of teamwork and reliability.
- A friendly and proactive personality who likes working in a growing team.