Conducting Officer Compliance – AIFM ManCo
Conducting Officer Compliance – AIFM ManCo
Summary of the position
- As Conducting Officer in charge of the Legal & Compliance, the successful candidate will ensure the regulatory and legal framework of the AIFM in Luxembourg with a strong contact with the different entities of the group in Europe.
- Leading the compliance function of the business and also acting as the MLRO, the Conducting Officer will advise on matters impacting the AIFM Manco whilst liaising with the regulators as a registered Conducting Officer for the Manco.
- Developing a robust compliance culture and Overseeing the compliance monitoring plan will also be part of the responsibilities in order to ensure that the regulatory requirements to the CSSF are met.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Conducting Officer Compliance will be expected to, amongst other things:
- Lead the compliance function of the business and also be the MLRO;
- Act as a conducting officer and manage activities about a specific portfolio (AIFM);
- Identify the rules to which the AIFM is subject in the exercise of its activities and keep a record of the essential rules. Liaise with the regulators and authorities in the capacity of Registered Compliance Officer for the Manco;
- Identify the compliance risks to which the AIFM is exposed in the course of its activities and assess their importance and the possible consequences. Oversight and review the investment activities
- Ensure the identification and assessment of the compliance risk before the IFM launches a new type of activity, product or business advise on matters impacting the AIFM Manco;
- Ensure that, for the implementation of the compliance policy, the AIFM has rules that can serve as guidelines for the staff of different AIFM functions and operational units in the exercise of their daily tasks.
- Assist and advise the senior management as regards questions of compliance and rules, in particular by bringing to their attention developments in rules that may subsequently have an impact on the area of compliance. Ensure the compliance of the funds managed and keep abreast of legal/regulatory requirements and fund industry issues;
- Undertake a regular compliance monitoring (risk-based approach) and compliance risk assessments;
- Put in place and update policies and procedures;
- Ensure that AIFM staff are aware of the importance of compliance and related aspects and assist it in its daily activities relating to compliance. Be a subject-matter for improvements regarding the manner in which compliance is achieved;
- Prepare comprehensive written reports on compliance matters for the AIFM’s Risk Committee and Group Risk Committee;
- Ensure that regulatory compliance risk is taken into account in the day-to-day operations;
- Report accordingly to the other Conducting Officers, as appropriate;
- Build a sustainable competitive advantage to the Company by fully integrating compliance management in daily business activities, through an effective risk analysis and mapping. Monitor theregulatory, contractual and internal limits and measures.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will:
- Have a degree level qualification, or equivalent, ideally in Business, Finance, Law or Compliance and Risk Management;
- Speak fluently in English, French is considered as a strong advantage.
- Have at least seven years’ relevant work experience, preferably in a management company;
- Have an Excellent knowledge of the Luxembourg regulatory environment for investment funds & firms as well as relevant European regulation (such as UCITS and AIFMD, GDPR, AML directives etc.).
- Have excellent computer skills, and in particular good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook email.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with staff and management;
- Have a discreet and confidential manner;
- Have confidence and persuasiveness, with the ability to motivate colleagues and support the embedding of a positive compliance and risk management culture;
- Be numerate, with good attention to detail;
- Be diplomatic when faced with issues;
- Be well organized, with the ability to work autonomously and deal with a busy workload;
- Be self-motivated, mature and able to use initiative.
Learning and development:
- You will receive training on a day to day basis by coaching and mentoring;
- Personal development plan will be agreed on an annual basis;
- Attendance to internal training including webinars, workshops and workgroups as may be required;
- Attendance at external seminars and training events as may be required.
The Conducting Officer Compliance will report to the Head of ManCo Services (Europe)/ManCo Services Luxembourg. In addition, the individual will work alongside the staff in the Risk & Compliance team across the firm.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package and be eligible to participate in the firm-wide discretionary bonus scheme.