AIFM Compliance Officer
Our client is a fund and investment manager that specializes in commercial real estate in Northern Europe. They invest in office, retail and logistics assets. They are presently managing multiple Luxembourg Alternative Investment Funds.
Due to their expanding operations in Europe, they require a Compliance Officer to join their Luxembourg office. The position is newly created and can be either a full time or part-time role.
The candidate will need to be approved by the CSSF for the role and must have the necessary experience working in the Luxembourg fund industry. The candidate must be able to work autonomously on compliance and will report to the Conducting Officer responsible for compliance. Furthermore, the candidate will be expected to be able to manage time in order to be in line with the three-year compliance cycle and the quarterly reporting to the Board. The person will have knowledge of and experience of working with the Circulars and Regulations that are governed by the CSSF in Luxembourg.
- Implement and Manage the AIFM’s compliance plan and policies;
- Undertaking ongoing compliance monitoring on the basis of a risk-based compliance monitoring programme;
- Undertaking compliance risk assessments;
- Assessing the appropriateness of internal policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Drafting policies and best practice procedures;
- Being part of the onboarding process of the new client;
- Preparing comprehensive reports to the Conducting Officer responsible for compliance and the Board;
- Providing advice and assisting the staff of the AIFM on the regulatory implications of actual and new regulations and changes to the business;
- Raising staff’s awareness to comply with AIFM rules and regulations;
- Perform legal watch to ensure the Company’s compliance;
- Making recommendations for improvements regarding the manner in which compliance is achieved; and
- Law degree and LLM will be considered as an asset;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a regulated AIFM in a similar role
- Knowledge of the AIFMD and CSSF Circulars related to compliance;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English, another language is favourable;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ideal location in the city centre;
- Attractive salary package and benefits;
- Friendly working atmosphere;
- Boost and develop your skills with strong growth potential;
- External training and upskilling is encouraged and provided for.