Accounting Manager – New York
Our client is a Global Real Estate Investment Firm with 15+ International Offices – Headquartered out the US
Due to further development they are now looking for a new Accounting Manager to support a real estate platform in New York. This position reports to the Assistant Controller of the real estate segment.
- Oversee and supervise scheduled property accounting tasks for Healthcare, including the review of the daily work flow of the property accounting staff, routine and non-routine assignments, and the monthly and quarterly financial statement close process.
- Manage the general ledger processes and related system functions.
- Supervise the preparation and review of the monthly and quarterly internal and external reports and provide feedback to the Assistant Controller. Ensure that property reporting packages are compliant with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and additional prescribed policies and procedures.
- Monitor third party property management teams’ reporting and workflow processes to ensure compliance with company guidelines and related procedures.
- Prepare financial and analytical reports, designing new custom financial analytic models and system reports to improve efficiencies.
- Manage the quarterly and annual financial audits; oversee process participants to ensure deliverables are complete, accurate, and delivered timely.
- Manage the budget and reforecast process and scheduling.
- Develop and implement process improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Review journal entries (e.g., sales, reclasses, fixed assets), supporting schedules, account reconciliations, property consolidations, and budget variance reporting.
- Review property level monthly workbook and supporting analyses.
- Review Portfolio Operations budget variance reports and analyze identified exceptions.
- Monitor actual capital expenditures for compliance with approved plans; correspond with management on recoverable capital expenditures.
- Review allowance for doubtful accounts; liaise with property managers to assess collectability and discuss reserve adjustments.
- Liaise with the offshore team; coordinate scheduled deliverables to ensure completion and review on a timely basis; lead conference calls with team supervisor; discuss issues with Director of Global Client Services, when applicable.
- Manage the production of debt compliance materials and lender financial reporting to ensure they are complete, accurate, and delivered timely.
- Experience as an accounting manager within the real estate industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant real estate accounting experience
- Yardi experience preferred
- Must have proven ability to initiate and complete work independently
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and project management skills and effectively communicate with staff, supervisor, and all levels among all departments.
- Must be systems and detail oriented with the ability to stay focused in a multi-task environment