Accounting Manager – Global Real Estate Firm
Our client is a leading Real Estate Investment and Management Firm with a Global reach. Across several offices worldwide they employ top-tier dynamic professionals who drive their growing business and promote their unique and forward-thinking approach.
Luxembourg is one of the fastest developing offices and in line with this growth they are now looking to recruit a new Accounting Manager to support the Director’s and to oversee the established Accounting team
The role involves managing all accounting aspects of the Firm’s Luxembourg entities. The candidate must have very strong communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with management, outside counsel, counterparties, investors, etc. The candidate must be comfortable working on multiple projects with varying degree, duration, and teams simultaneously. The candidate must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Responsible for bookkeeping, monitoring, and maintaining the books and records of the Firm’s Luxembourg entities.
- Oversee and record fund flows within the framework of investment deals, including injections, repatriations, and asset transfers.
- Prepare IFRS, Lux GAAP interim and annual financial statements.
- Perform accounts payable and receivable, cash management, and treasury functions.
- Preparation and participation in board meetings.
- Liaise with third parties such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and others, as required.
- Participation in ad-hoc projects and queries.
- Preparation of VAT / Tax returns
- Supervising a team of Accountants
- Excellent communication skills in English, other languages considered advantageous
- University degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Accounting qualification ACA/CPA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in IFRS & Lux Gaap (US Gaap considered a plus)
- Entrepreneurial mind-set coupled with a strong work ethic
- Proven experience in supervising teams